Guaranteeing functional coherence
An efficient device to succeed in your projecs
Faced with the complexity of major projects, the large number of people involved and the multiplicity of decision-making bodies, one of the major concerns of programme directors is guaranteeing that functional coherence will be maintained throughout the project.
Questions arise very quickly:
- How can we avoid inconsistencies of functional choice in the project, which are a major risk in losing control of costs and deadlines?
- How can we guarantee the capacity of the project to adapt to external changes without questioning the choices made?
- How can we guarantee that any coherence problems will be dealt with?
To guarantee consistency, ORESYS has constructed a system that results in internal coherence for the project (coherence between site managers, coherence between the functional need and the technical solution etc.) and with the “outside world” (developments in legislation or in corporate management regulations, the company’s strategic directions, developments in related information systems etc.).
ORESYS, capitalising on its functional coherence assignments, recommends a system that is led by a cross-departmental unit reporting directly to the project management, with the following tasks:
- Taking part in the principal decision-making bodies
- Taking charge of dealing with cross-departmental matters and preparing arbitration cases
- Supporting the sites in implementing the developments that concern them.
- RATP: Functional coherence assignment for the RHAPSODIE Programme