Mapping of processes, functions and applications
Why map your IS and its processes?
- To better understand its assets
- To respond effectively to the development of its environment (rationalisation, mergers etc.) and to comply with new regulatory restrictions (Basle II, Sarbannes Oxley, etc.).
A tool to be used in your projects:
- Mapping of processes and the information system is part of each stage of a project, whether of an IT or organisational nature.
- Mapping contributes to target definition and also to structuring and giving information about the existing situation.
A tool to be used in improving your company’s performance:
- The description and analysis of business processes enables indicators to be used (quality, productivity and profitability indicators) in order to manage your business
- Mapping of processes and IS is a preliminary stage to any process re-engineering.
Oresys has been supporting its clients for many years in these stages:
- Definition of a mapping project (project specification, mapping strategy, choice of modelling tool, repository architecture)
- Modelling of business processes and information system
- Re-engineering of processes
- Circulation of mapping to identified targets and maintenance of repository.
ORESYS has developed recognised mapping know-how in terms of mapping project management and knowledge of modelling tools (MEGA, ARIS Platform, Corporate Modeler, METIS etc.).
- AXA: Design of mapping approach for IS and business processes
- BNP PARIBAS: Assistance with definition and implementation of Personnel Repository mapping
- CARREFOUR: Studies of national target processes and functional and application architecture relating to warehouse management and Sales Administration
- European Commission: Assistance with definition of methodological framework and implementation of mapping in the context of major projects
- LA BANQUE POSTALE: as part of the creation of the Banque Postale, formalisation, compliance and reengineering of processes
- MMA: Impact study of implementation of “products pack” in the sales and after-sales processes
- RATP: Planning of Human Resources Information System (definition of approach, HR IS mapping, definition and modelling of target processes)
- SANOFI AVENTIS: Assistance with definition and implementation of a repository of application and process mapping for the Scientific Department