Add a decision-making layer to your projects portfolio management
You have concerns about your Project Management reporting system:
- How can project management indicators get crossed to business /marketing / finance subjects?
- Does the reports production complexity reduce your analyses added value?
- Can the project management system enable an advanced access of historized data?
- Is the existing system covering the full scope of reporting access and types required by end users? (predefined reports, on demand reports, multidimensional analysis…)
- Can the existing system provide an insight on project information to people not specialized in project management views?
The double expertise (Project management and Business Intelligence), that has been developed by Oresys for 25 years and conducted by teams with both technical and functional skills, leads to the following thought:
- Standard transactional tools (finance, human resources, business) are deeply relying on decision-making system
- Project Management tools have some weaknesses on decision-making offer.
Project Management is connected with many actors and topics. Appearance and clear data presentation is a major issue.
Synthetic reports including crossed business indicators (D-type) from the business’ strategic map can be detailed (Example : Capacity planning / workload for HR).
High added value deliverables and quick benefits illustration (quick wins) :
Conduct of a study (around one month duration) addressing :
- Benchmark around best practices of project portfolio follow up (What are the limits of the existing reporting?)
- Segmentation between operational indicators of project management and decision-making indicators through a multi criterion analysis grid.
- Inventory and capacity limitations of the PM IT tool
- General specifications of the decisions-making system
Implementation of a prototype (3 months) to illustrate the benefits of decision-making system
- Integration of multiple data sources
- Multidimensional analysis
- High performance reports
- Proof of concept including real data.
Execution phase using capitalization on the prototype
- Roadmap based on iterative construction to reach the full functional, users and tools target.
- Air Liquide
- BNP PARIBAS